What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Sr. USB Design Manager
The Sr. Manager of USB Design will lead a team working on the next generation of leading-edge super high speed IO. Establishes and maintains AMD high speed IO technological leadership position.
- The successful candidate will play a key role in driving many of the key technical aspects.
- Specialized knowledge of USB 3.0/3.1/3.2 or Thunderbolt in protocol and link layers is preferred. Specialized knowledge of PCIE or AMBA is a plus.
- Professional of IP micro-architecture and Verilog RTL design on large size digital IP.
- Considered technical leader across project and departmental boundaries and has a proven track record for sustained innovation
- Fluent English on talking, presentation and writing documents.
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Strong sense of task scheduling and deliver on time as predetermined achievements committed to manager.
- Can solve complex, novel and non-recurring problems; initiates significant changes to existing processes/methods and leads development and implementation.
- Communication skills, well organized, and detail oriented
- Innovative thinking and results oriented execution
- Leads RTL code development for IP blocks in Verilog HDL and make sure functional accurate and reusable for different product lines.
- Working in close collaboration with the design engineering teams and managers and directors on the various efforts involved in IP development and integration.
- Is responsible for projects or processes of significant strategic or commercial importance and for project/program results
- Deals with problems requiring groundbreaking approaches and champions innovation across the organization
- Provides consultative direction with senior management
- Makes technical decisions that have a significant impact on product families, go to market strategies and customer satisfaction
- Coaches and mentors experienced staff
- IP design project management experience of project team size 10 or above
- People managerial experience and the ability to effectively manage a design team
MS degree of EE or CS
Requisition Number: 98208
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website