What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We, Video HW IP/Solution Group at AMD Markham site, are looking for a Sr. MANAGER who will tackle challenges to assemble and lead a new ASIC design and verification team in AMD's Austin Campus. The team will focus on video codec IP development and assume the ownership of some of IP engine blocks. The candidate will report to video IP director at Markham site, and lead Austin team to primarily work with managers and architects at Markham site. In addition, the team will also work and interact with global video team in Hyderabad, India. Overall ownership of Austin video team will span across project plan, block specification, architecture, HLS and Verilog RTL design, test plan, test bench, contributor to block-level and E2E validation of video IP solution.The Person:
The ideal person will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, along with an attention to detail. To be an effective teammate who focuses on collaboration, team building, mentoring, and furthering team success! Along with strong communication, time management, and presentation skills.Key Responsibilities:
- Recruit and assemble a hardworking ASIC design and verification team for AMD video IP in our Austin site
- Run and lead the team to work and contribute to the development of video IP solution
- Lead local team to address project plan, resource, execution and HR matters
- Define next level of team leadership, and growth plan to improve team capability and potentials
- Work with the rest of global video managers in driving efficient project plan, execution, and delivery strategy.
- Manage and lead the team to drive the next 5% effort in achieving higher competitiveness and further raise quality bar
- Lead the team in examining modern design / verification methodology and adaptation to achieve better performance, power and area objectives
- 5+ years of tried experience in leading ASIC IP design and development team
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in HW architecture, ASIC design or verification projects
- Knowledgeable in modern design and verification methodology
- Prior HLS project experience is a valued added asset
- Prior exposure to Verilog design, synthesis, timing closure, PD, scripting, simulation, tests, DV tools, and coverage.
- Prior video codec project experience or knowledge is a great asset.
- Strong leadership and management skills in building a new ASIC design/verification team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An organized, enthusiastic self-starter, strong interest in managing a dynamic and young team
- Capable of handling and leading the team to work in a global environment.
Min. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.Location:
Requisition Number: 100721
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website