What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Video IP Codec Modelling Engineer The Role:
We, HW video IP team located in Markham, Ontario, Canada, are looking for a SMTS level design engineer to perform video Codec modelling and algorithm development! As a member of the codec modelling team, you will be responsible for crafting the future of 9our design solutions with advanced algorithm modelling and quality optimization to drive a willing solution now and future IP generations.The Person:
An organized, hardworking self-starter, strong interest interested in video codec architecture, algorithm, quality assessment and functional verification.
Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written.Key Responsibilities:
- Core codec modelling team member.
- Encode algorithm, architecture, quality analysis and optimization.
- Decode architecture modelling.
- Work spanning among all current AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1 codec and upcoming newer standards.
- Provide support and triage algorithm and functional issues to IP and post-silicon teams.
- Think creatively!
- 10+ years of hands on experience and expertise in video codec development.
- 5+ years of hands on architecture, modelling, and FW along with verification experience.
- Excellent working experiences and knowledge among various video codecs: H.264, H.265, VP9, AV1, and other emerging standards.
- Expertise in C, C++ along with design verification skillset in an ASIC design environment.
- Proven and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical leadership to lead others and drive development.
- Hands on experience in script and automation development.
Master in EE or Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree or above.#LI-EM1
Requisition Number: 100682
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website