Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33050
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!Why you'll love this job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase better.What you'll do
- Collaborate with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand needs and develop solutions according to business requirements
- Maintain and enhance existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues; identify and implement solutions
- Assist with creation of detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates; ensure tasks and projects are completed on time and within scope
- Work with software architects to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
- Support the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines
- Researche and implement new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance
- Work extended hours when needed, in order to support the production environment
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Experience with DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Possess a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
Demonstrated experience in any of the following:
- Java, XML, HTML, or similar
- Web Services, such as REST/SOAP, JSON/WSDL/XML
- Eclipse or similar IDE
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Oracle – PL/SQL, DB2 SQL
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design Patterns, and Frameworks
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Job Level: 2, 3
Requisition ID: 33050
Apply on company website