Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 34433
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!Why you'll love this job
This job is a member of the User Experience (UX) and Digital Customer Experience team within the Marketing & Loyalty Division. It is responsible for leading product and development departments as they create excellent customer experiences using user experience research to deliver strategic, tactical, and actionable insights to all levels of the organization, driving design improvements, innovation, and ROI.What you'll do
- Collaborating with stakeholders, business and IT teams to develop a deep understanding of the business prob define project objectives and key results
- Collaborates with product owners to develop a deep understanding of the business problem to influence design and product owner decisions in creating user-centric designs
- Creates test strategies based on OKRs and develop research strategies, usability test plans and scripts
- Evangelizing user experience to the enterprise organization by developing an understanding and recognition of the importance of customer-centric best practices
- Establishing and defining user research best practices, methodologies, and tactics for gathering data and producing insights
- Defining demographics, personas and target audiences across digital channels in the context of product / portfolios
- Analyzing user behaviors through interpreting analytics, A/B testing, benchmark studies and surveys from discovery through the agile development life cycle
- Sits with developers and work through defects and enhancements
- Participates actively in quality assurance and user acceptance testing along with IT
- Attends all agile ceremonies and work with IT to ensure UX deliverables are implemented to the specification provided
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
- 3+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
- Experience with research methods that lend themselves to an agile environment with a strong understanding of user-centered design
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
- Experience with design thinking
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML and technical applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Flinto, etc.
- Able to write SQL queries, conduct statistical analysis, and do data mining
- Able to use and maintain state-of-the-art technologies including remote user testing tools and eye-tracking hardware/software to conduct research and generate, analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Blended skill set that can bridge the gap between IT and the business
- Able to break down IT jargon for business understanding via visual mock ups
- Ability to present work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements)
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 34433
Apply on company website