Join Team AFN!
American Financial Network, Inc. has an immediate opening for full-time Review Appraisers.
- Residential appraisal desk review of 1 to 4 units on a national level for quality control to ensure appraisal reports conform to USPAP and other regulatory compliance requirements including FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and Lender investor guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and support to internal Lender Staff and response to appraisal related questions and concerns.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of complex appraisal reports and effectively communicate results.
- Provide effective and timely communication of appraisal correction requests to Lender Staff and AMCs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Appraiser.
- High School diploma required.
- College education preferred.
- Residential License required or Certified Residential license level preferred and issued from the California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers.
- Demonstration of extensive knowledge and familiarity of residential Real Estate Appraisal Report Forms, Terminology and the appropriate application of appraisal valuation techniques, methodology and appraisal theory.
- Related experience relevant to Residential Mortgage lending operations.
- Attention to detail for identifying errors and omissions.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years in the review of residential property appraisal reports preferred.
- Superior writing skills with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate findings.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
This job is based in our Brea, CA Corporate office and is not a remote position.
Who We Are:
American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
We're Proud of our Accomplishments!
- Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Top 10 Mortgage Company in Customer Satisfaction by Social Survey
- America's Fastest Growing Companies by Inc 5000
American Financial Network, Inc., NMLS #237341 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website