Charge Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Part-time, choose your shifts!
We are looking for compassionate licensed registered nurses (LPNs) to join our flexible nursing pool. Work around your schedule—just commit to at least one 12-hour shift per week. If you are a team player who enjoys variety, our flexible scheduling program allows you to make a difference in the lives of residents and patients in our skilled nursing communities near your home.
As an LPN in our pool, you'll use your talent and experience to collaborate within a team who care deeply about their patients and each other. Apply today if you want a great nursing job with competitive pay, flexible hours, and opportunities to learn new skills.
AHC–American Health Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
If you enjoy working with a team that's focused on making life better for others by providing the best care possible, we want you in our AHC nursing pool. As a licensed practical nurse (LPN) in our flexible scheduling program, you can choose the shifts that fit your lifestyle. Your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay and a chance to advance in your career when you are ready.
In this LPN position, you'll provide personalized health care and ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Providing nursing care to residents, including prescribed treatments, such as changing dressings, drawing blood, changing catheters, inserting or removing NG tubes, doing laboratory work, etc.
- Directing the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and support staff
- Performing administrative duties like documenting assessments, managing inventory and requesting supplies and equipment
- Admitting, transferring and discharging resident
- Performing emergency procedures like CPR and, in the event of death, notifying family and appropriate parties
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of six (6) months experience working in a hospital, long-term care facility or other health care institution
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for licensed practical nurses (LPN)
- Current CPR certification
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, shift changes and weekends
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Travel to AHC facilities within a 40-mile radius required
- Supervises support staff and participates in reviewing performance
- Assists in problem-solving for staff issues
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Nursing: Technical/other training degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply on company website