We are looking for a compassionate registered nurse (RN) who leads by example, knows how to motivate others and promotes teamwork. Our charge nurses make a difference in the lives of our residents and patients by developing relationships with them and ensuring they get the best care possible.
As a charge nurse at our skilled nursing facility, you'll use your talent and experience as a registered nurse (RN) to lead a team who cares deeply about their patients and each other. Apply today if you want a great job with competitive pay, generous benefits and advancement opportunities.
AHC–American Health Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
Full Time Nights 6pm - 6am
If you enjoy leading a team that's focused on making life better for others, we want you to join our AHC staff. As an RN charge nurse, your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities to expand your capabilities and advance in your career.
In this leadership role, you'll provide personalized health care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Directing the day-to-functions of nursing aides and support staff
- Providing or monitoring direct, prescribed nursing care to residents, such as changing dressings, drawing blood, changing catheters, inserting or removing NG tubes, etc.
- Updating care plans as needed and notifying physician or advanced practitioner about changes in a resident's condition
- Performing administrative duties like documenting assessments and ordering supplies
- Admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Performing emergency procedures like CPR and, in the event of death, notifying family and appropriate parties
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of six (6) months experience working in a hospital, long term care facility or other health care institution
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a registered nurse (RN) degree
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a registered nurse (RN)
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, shift changes and weekends
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Some travel required
- Supervises support staff including training, scheduling and assigning work; reviewing performance and recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges; and assisting in problem-solving for staff issues
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Associates degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website