Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse (RN) – Part-time, choose your shifts!
We are looking for compassionate registered nurses (RN) to join our flexible nursing pool. Work around your schedule—just commit to at least one 12-hour shift per week. If you are a team player who enjoys variety, our flexible staffing program allows you to make a difference in the lives of residents and patients in our skilled nursing communities near your home.
As a RN in our pool, you'll use your talent and experience to collaborate within a team who care deeply about their patients and each other. Apply today if you want a great job with competitive pay, flexible hours, and opportunities to learn new skills.
AHC–American Health Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
If you enjoy working with a team that's focused on making life better for others by providing the best care possible, we want you in our AHC nursing pool. As an RN in our flexible scheduling program, your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, scheduling that fits your lifestyle and a chance to advance in your career, when you are ready.
In this nursing role, you'll provide personalized health care and ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Directing the day-to-functions of nursing aides and support staff
- Providing or monitoring direct, prescribed nursing care to residents, such as changing dressings, drawing blood, changing catheters, inserting or removing NG tubes, etc.
- Updating care plans as needed and notifying physician or advanced practitioner about changes in a resident's condition
- Performing administrative duties like documenting assessments and ordering supplies
- Admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Performing emergency procedures like CPR and, in the event of death, notifying family and appropriate parties
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of six (6) months experience working in a hospital, long-term care facility or other health care institution
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a registered nurse (RN) degree
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a registered nurse (RN)
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be willing and able to work at least one 12-hour shift per week, including possible overtime, shift changes and weekends
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Travel to AHC facilities within a 40-mile radius required
- Supervises support staff including training, scheduling and assigning work; reviewing performance and recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges; and assisting in problem-solving for staff issues
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Associates degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website