American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
The Cook will prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and facility policies and procedures; and to ensure that quality food service is always provided.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing and in accordance with medically appropriate portion control
- Review menus prior to preparation of food and inspect special diet trays to ensure accurate preparation
- Assist in establishing food service production lines, etc. to ensure that meals are prepared on time
Required Work Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in a nursing home, hospital or other health care facility or institutional setting in food service
- Minimum of tenth (10th) grade education
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Job may require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Apply on company website