American Health Communities (AHC) is a network of skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Tennessee and Northern Alabama. As part of the American Health Partners' family of companies, our patient-centered care teams focus on helping individuals enjoy the highest quality of life possible. Our communities feature state-of-the-art rehabilitation centers and spacious, comfortable living spaces. For nearly three decades, people have trusted us to provide excellent post-acute care and long-term care that's closer to home. We work hard to create a sense of community for our patients and residents.
Full Time Days (6a-6p)
The purpose of this position is to aide with numerous dietary functions as directed, assigned or instructed, such as setting up beverages, meals, utensils in preparation for and delivery of food service to patients, as well as clean up duties, all in accordance with current applicable federal and state regulations and established facility procedures and policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Set tables, serve food and clear tables
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc. and transport to washing area
- Dispose of garbage and trash and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous items
- Follow established safety and infection control regulations and policies
- Report disrepair of kitchen and dietary appliances, equipment, etc.
- Assist in establishing food service production line to ensure that meals are prepared on time
- Assist in and/or direct scheduled cleaning duties
- Assist cook in preparing meals
Required Work Experience:
- None required
- Minimum of completion of tenth (10th) grade in high school
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
Apply on company website