AHC–American Health Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
WEEKEND DEFINED: The weekend begins on Saturday AM shift and ends when the Sunday PM shift is completed on Monday morning.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WEEKEND INCENTIVE PROGRAM:
- Must sign up for the weekend incentive program and agree to work every Saturday and Sunday.
- The Saturday/Sunday weekend incentive position is considered regular part-time. Earns PTO at 1/2 the accrual
rate of a full-time employee which averages to approximately 2 weekends off per year.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for and works at least one 12 hour scheduled day per week. The extra day must be the same day and shift each week and is scheduled each week.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for 16 hour shifts on weekend incentive program.
- May also earn shift differential if working PM to AM qualifying shift
- Limited Availability: The facility Administrator and DON will determine the total number of slots the facility has available for the weekend incentive program. The number will not be exceeded.
- Fails to work both days of the weekend; Saturday and Sunday, unless scheduled for PTO.
- May be removed from the weekend incentive program by the DON or Administrator if absent days exceed two occurrences in any 12-month period or for excessive tardiness.
We are looking for a compassionate registered nurse (RN) who leads by example, knows how to motivate others and promotes teamwork. Our charge nurses make a difference in the lives of our residents and patients by developing relationships with them and ensuring they get the best care possible.
The registered nurse (RN) shall direct the day-to-day functions of the Aides/Orderlies and other staff being supervised, as well as give direct nursing care to patients.
If you enjoy leading a team that's focused on making life better for others, we want you to join our AHC staff. As a registered nurse, your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities to expand your capabilities and advance in your career.
In this role, you'll provide personalized health care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides, LPNs and other staff being supervised.
- Give direct nursing care to patients.
- Visit all assigned patients at regular intervals during tour of duty.
- Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
- Notify physician when patient's condition warrants.
- Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of:
- Nurses' notes, Doctors' orders, Discharge plans, Dietary changes, Reports, Evaluations, Studies, Billing and other charge slips, miscellaneous forms, charts, etc.
- Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional, clear and comprehensive manner.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to policy.
- Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
- Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and document process.
- Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc.
- Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and off-going shift.
- Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate other parties.
- Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
- Monitor and update care plans on each shift as appropriate.
- Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster drills and be prepared to carry out duties in the event on an actual event.
- Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
- Monitor the facility for possible health and safety hazards.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
- Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Update daily census report and submit as required.
- Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes.
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist in updates of written policies and procedures of routine nursing care.
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
- Monitor and participate in daily clean-up of the nurses' station.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Registered Nurse degree.
- Current State of Tennessee Registered Nursing License
- Communication skills and active listening
- Possess good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations. Respond promptly to customer's needs
- Some travel may be required
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- New graduates accepted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website