*** This position provides services for patients associated with an I-SNP ***
The Advanced Practitioner is responsible for clinical activities in Rural and/or Urban healthcare facilities under the direction and supervision of a physician. This position utilizes independent judgment and directs the care and treatment of patients receiving integrated primary and behavioral health care associated with an Institutional Special Needs Plan (I-SNP). This position serves adult patients with acute and chronic medical issues.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and provides a comprehensive plan of care that proactively manages healthcare issues and addresses barriers along the care continuum for patients in the nursing home setting.
- Provides medical care within the scope of the practitioner's training by assessing and determining appropriate medical and psychological intervention. Prescribes medications and services as indicated. Orders appropriate laboratory studies, diagnostic procedures, and consultations. Consults supervising physician when appropriate or outside of the scope of the practitioner.
- Monitors compliance with medications and evaluates patient response to plan of treatment. Modifies plan of treatment when necessary.
- Communicates effectively and interacts constructively with a diverse group of patients and coordinates care with RN Case Managers as part of an integrated care team.
- Assist with on-call service with physician staff to provide 24/7 access to care for patients.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures relating to the provision of clinical and related services.
- Bachelor's Degree for PA
- Master's Degree's for APRN and/or CNS
- Graduate of an accredited APRN or PA program
- Current certification as a Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Current DEA registration.
- CPR for Healthcare Professionals certification.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Current motor vehicle insurance
- Minimum of 1 year Nurse Practitioner experience
- Prior primary care or internal and/or geriatric medicine strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical nursing or rehabilitation for the geriatric population.
- Affordable Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance w/ Voluntary Supplemental Term Life
- Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K offered
- Generous PTO plan
- Opportunity for CEU Reimbursement
- Great staff and strong operations support system!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with multicultural and multi-age populations.
- Broad knowledge of medicine and care of specialty related populations with the understanding of current recognized standards of care within the scope of licensure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accompanied by strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate, MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work as cooperative member of a team.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Licenses & Certifications
- Nurse Practitioner
- APRN Advanced Practice RN
Apply on company website