The purpose of this position is to direct the day-to-day functions of the Aides/Orderlies and other staff being supervised, as well as give direct nursing care to patients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and other staff being supervised.
• Give direct nursing care to patients.
• Visit all assigned patients at regular intervals during tour of duty.
• Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
• Notify physician when patient's condition warrants.
• Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of:
o Nurses' notes
o Doctors' orders
o Discharge plans
o Dietary changes
o Billing and other charge slips
o Miscellaneous forms, charts, etc.
• Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional, clear and comprehensive manner.
• Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to policy.
• Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
• Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
• Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and document process.
• Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and removal, laboratory work, etc.
• Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and off-going shift.
• Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and appropriate other parties.
• Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
• Monitor and update care plans on each shift as appropriate.
• Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster drills and be prepared to carry out duties in the event on an actual event.
• Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
• Monitor the facility for possible health and safety hazards.
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
• Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
• Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients' personal and health care needs.
• Update daily census report and submit as required.
• Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes.
• Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
• Assist in updates of written policies and procedures of routine nursing care.
• Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
• Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
• Monitor and participate in daily clean-up of the nurses' station.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website