The purpose of this position is to manage the nursing department and administer the nursing programs in compliance with state and federal regulations as well as company policy and procedures.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Nursing Services Department, as well as related programs and activities, in compliance with rules and regulations governing long term care facilities, employers and in accordance with facility policy. Includes:
o Licensed staff
o Nursing assistants and orderlies
o Print-outs of physicians' orders
o Physician visits
o Medication reviews
o Time schedules
o Infection Control
o Utilization review
• Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and document observations, interventions and outcomes.
• Perform emergency procedures such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Arrange for and oversee the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
• Develop, maintain and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing department.
• Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
• Determine the staffing needs of the Nursing Services Department, assist with the recruitment and hiring of staff.
• Facilitate the coordination of nursing services and other departments to maintain quality care for patients.
• Conduct employee performance evaluations and counseling and monitor tardiness, absenteeism and disciplinary situations to ensure quality care for patients.
• Review, monitor, intervene and document complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
• Prepare reports and recommendations for the Administrator regarding the operation of the Nursing Services Department.
• Participate in various committees of the facility; such as care plans, infection control, pharmaceutical, budget, quality assessment and assurance, ADA compliance committee, etc, and those assigned by the Administrator.
• Oversee and approve the scheduling of personnel; as well as the daily assignments of individuals working in the Nursing Services Department.
• Make routine rounds and authorize or conduct tours with others, such as the Administrator, physicians, other facility staff, government representatives, visitors and others.
• Monitor the workplace for possible health and safety hazards and assist in the development and presentation of routine health, safety and back care training programs to prevent worker injuries.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation and implementation of the Nursing Services Department budget and submit recommendations.
• Ensure that equal opportunity policy and anti-discrimination policies are adhered to in all employment decisions.
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to patients, employees and facility.
• Establish and encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth, and interest in patients' personal and health care needs.
- Bachelors degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website