The purpose of this position is to perform the day-to-day activities of buffing, waxing and other cleaning tasks in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Interpret work schedules and assignments.
• Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily schedules.
• Clean assigned zone, proceeding in an orderly manner and completing the job.
• Properly set up appropriate “Caution” and safety signs before performing janitorial tasks. During cleaning process, monitor location of chemicals to protect the safety of patients by keeping chemicals being used in close proximity and in a locked container when the janitor is out of sight.
• Before end of shift, recheck all areas to ensure proper order, cleanliness and completion of waste disposal.
• Keep work areas free of hazardous conditions, spills, excess carts, buckets, supplies, equipment, etc.
• Discard waste and trash into proper containers and line receptacles with plastic liners as appropriate and/or assigned.
• Comply with established infection control and universal precaution practices, and coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services, as well as follow fire safety policies and procedures.
• Report all incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment to supervisor immediately.
• Report defective equipment or equipment in need of repair.
• Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients' personal and health care needs.
Apply on company website