Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Assist the physician in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
• Records and reports to the physician the patient's response to treatment and/or any changes in the patient's condition.
• Instructs agency visit staff, patients and families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, assistive devices and home exercise program.
• Participates in IDG meetings and communicates effectively with all those providing care.
• Participates in the development and periodic revision of the physician's plan of care.
• Completes clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit, turns in documentation per agency policy.
• Supervises the physical therapy assistant as indicated.
• Participates in staff and agency development activities.
• Abides by all policies and procedures set forth by the Agency.
• Ensures protection of confidential information that is stored, handled or maintained by following Company policies and procedures related to confidentiality and/or HIPAA regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Must possess good communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
• Work requires advanced knowledge of composition and medical terminology
• Skilled technical knowledge required to analyze, interpret and diagnose technical information within established procedures.
- Associates degree or better
- 1 year(s): Geriatrics
Licenses & Certifications
- Physical Therapist
Apply on company website