To administer all house and physician prescribed treatments to residents, as well as supporting the charge nurse in the care-giving needs of the residents.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Administer all treatments, house or physician orders to residents.
• Accurately record in treatment book all treatments and changes in condition of area being treated.
• Keep treatment cart clean and well-stocked with supplies.
• Observe for changes in resident's condition and take appropriate action.
• Determine the practical application of specific procedures for individual residents.
• Closely monitor, report and maintain records of procedures, incidents, and corrective actions.
• Wash hands and conduct other infection control methods between treatments, resident, and as often as necessary.
• Document and chart facts and information in a professional, clear, and comprehensive manner.
• Recognize and respond to changes in residents' conditions and document observations, interventions, and outcomes.
• Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
• Participate in care plans as appropriate.
• Recognize, intervene, and/or report complaints and grievances from residents, family members, visitors, and employees
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information relating to residents, employees and the facility.
• Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
• Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in residents' personal and health care needs.
• Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes.
• Inventory and request infection control equipment, supplies, etc.
• Assist in updating written policies and procedures on infection control of the facility.
• Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
• Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Technical/other training degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply on company website