Position PurposeReporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Benefits & Payroll Manager will be responsible for developing, communicating, and executing the benefits and payroll strategies to support current and future business needs. This position plans, designs, evaluates, and administers all benefit and payroll programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates as the subject matter expert in benefits and payroll
- Develops, recommends, and implements plans and policies that support the organization’s strategic plan, which may include base salaries, short- and long-term incentives, sales compensation plans, health and welfare programs, retirement plans, disability, etc.
- Ensures plans are aligned with the company cost structure to enable maximum coverage at an affordable company and employee cost
- Proactively maintains a pulse on compensation and benefit competitiveness, current market trends, and internal equity and engagement
- Maintains overall supervision of the compensation and benefit programs and assures compliance with federal, state, or local laws and regulations
- Leads all aspects of the annual open enrollment process, including preparing employee communication materials
- Recommends continuous improvement initiatives through evaluating vendor performance and internal procedures
- Partners with technical resources and payroll to ensure accuracy of employee data and functionality of electronic data interfaces with vendors
- Collaborates to ensure the HRIS, payroll, comp and benefit programs are aligned
- Responsible for supervisor of the Payroll Manager and acts as back up for payroll processor
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong proven track record in benefits, payroll, and compensation functions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of all legal, tax and regulatory issues related to benefits, payroll, and compensation
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management, follow-up, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pursue multiple objectives and initiatives, analyze complex issues, and facilitate change
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as a business partner
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity to seek out new ideas, monitor trends, and incorporate learning into developing new and better work methods
- Demonstrated success in leading large projects/initiatives through to implementation and adoption
- Knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of payroll system and procedures to support strong working partnership with Payroll Manager
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plan designs and compensation administration
- Self-starting with the ability to work with ambiguity
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to quickly shift roles from one of strategist to a hands-on tactical role.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Finance, or Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing strategies, managing and administering benefits, compensation and wellness programs
- Professional certification such as CCP, PHR or SHRM CP highly desirable
- Experience in payroll administration and previous supervision of others
- Experience in developing, presenting and making/supporting compensation and benefits recommendations to management
- Prior experience in a manufacturing assignment would be a plus
- Experience using ADP "Vantage" HRIS and Payroll system preferred
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer)
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits
- Infrequent travel is required
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
AmesburyTruth is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform us of any accommodations you may require. The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Apply to this job