Responsible for material planning, purchasing, and finished goods inventory control for the Architectural Value Stream. Driveoperational excellence through the use of Lean manufacturing techniques in purchasing and inventory control. Achievematerial control objectives and finished goods stocking levels. Actively participate in effective functioning of the ArchitecturalValue Stream. Responsibilities include dotted line reporting relationship from those doing inventory control and purchasing atthe Juarez plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise, train and motivate the Buyer/Planner and Stock Room Personnel in Trumann, to promote a productive andcooperative work environment, and ensure that this person is well trained and effective. Supervise the stockroom, ensuringthat product being received is accurate according to the purchase order, and meets BILCO standards for material andcomponents. Ensure the same in a dotted-line reporting relationship with the Materials Supervisor in Juarez.
- Material Planning and Control -Determine and maintain material inventory levels and order points to meet manufacturing schedule, and support thecompany's inventory reduction goal.
- Develop and input annual master production schedule for architectural products; update and input revisions as necessary.Recommend re-forecast as appropriate.
- Initiate purchase requisitions or material releases as needed. Ensure proper reporting of material transactions.Determine finished goods stock and production levels, and vary to meet customer need.
- Input data to request materials or components from other plants to satisfy Trumann fabrication schedules.
- Develop strategic and weekly cycle count plan for plant. Track results monthly and act as needed.
- Initiate and oversee taking of annual physical inventories, and preparing of related reports.
- Actively participate in reviewing Bills of Material to ensure that material identification, transfer and inventory information isaccurate.
- Purchasing -
- Develop annual standard cost updates for raw material purchases. Monitor and update cost quarterly.
- Place blanket purchase orders for material to be used in both Trumann and Juarez, including special buy items, as inventoryheld for use by vendor and released by the individual plants, in a way that supports the company's inventory reduction goal.
- Interface with staff at the Juarez plant to monitor releases against blanket orders, and resolve issues there. Provide guidanceregarding local purchasing activities in Mexico. Provide training to improve functional expertise.
- Monitor supplier compliance to supplier quality manual, take action as necessary, including replacing vendors.With peers from other facilities, maintain the "Certified/Approved Vendor List" for all vendors, in compliance with the ISOStandard.
- With peers from other facilities, maintain the Product Description file used for purchase order preparation.
- Actively participate in the Vendor Certification program.
- Issue Vendor Corrective Action Requests as appropriate, and ensure that corrective action is initiated and maintained.
- Review and evaluate Price Variance report daily; research and resolve variations; recommend changes to vendor orpurchasing practice as appropriate.
- Provide Finance with projected costs of standard purchased items to determining individual standard costs. Participate inproduct cost reduction programs through cost savings in purchased goods or services.
- Research available vendors for potential materials or components for product development. Determine material costs,availability, tooling necessary, and supplier capabilities. Analyze results and make recommendations regarding the mostviable materials and sources
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing (especially purchasing & materials control), lean management concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of math at the algebra level.
- Highly driven, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Energetic and friendly with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both within & outside the department.Must be well organized, detail oriented and comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Proficient with MRP, Kanban and Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team and comfortable with the continuous improvement found in a lean manufacturing environment.
Qualifications / Prior Experience
- Four year degree in field related to business, purchasing or materials management.
- Minimum of five years of experience with purchasing or materials related activities in a manufacturing environment. APICS orPurchasing certificate a plus.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk with a computer for eight hours at a time, with appropriate breaks at approximately two-hour intervals.
- Ability to bend to floor level and reach 4 feet high, to retrieve and file various materials.
- Ability to move around the office and manufacturing floor to access files and obtain information from other departments.
- Ability to travel overnight and remain for up to two weeks at other plant locations.
Apply to this job