Job ID: 398124 Care Manager II Coordinator, Registry/PRN, Days/Weekends, Glendale Heights Glendale Heights, Illinois Regular Apply Now
We Are Hiring
Care Coordinator - Case Management - PRN, Days/Weekends - AMITA Glen Oaks Hospital - Glendale Heights, IL
Shift: ****This position is as needed mainly for staff coverage, casual role; will cover weekend days; 8a - 4:30p
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Acts as a resource for adequate medical record documentation, appropriateness of services as they relate to diagnoses, and treatment options for post-discharge care.
- Responsible for discharge planning, managing long length of stay cases, opening new Medicare cases
- Observation of stay care progression and preventing readmissions
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Counselor credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Master's degree in Social Work needed
- LCSW needed
- Strong inpatient medical care management experience in an acute care hospital is a must
- Candidate needs to be very comfortable ordering durable medical equipment (DME), knowing the difference between Skilled Nursing Facility (SNFs) vs acute rehab vs LTACH level of care
- arranging transportation and ambulance transfers, arranging transfers to other acute care facilities, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Share: Apply Now
Apply on company website