Job Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Platform Systems, Airborne Solutions business segment in Indianapolis is looking for creative senior software engineers to support efforts associated with Department of Defense systems. Successful candidates will drive and assist efforts to grow virtual reality and display capabilities within existing and new products as we provide our warfighters with ever more immersive, realistic, and supportive user experiences. Our teams consist of talented individuals working in collaborative, cross-functional situations.
The senior software engineer is experienced with virtual reality and simulation software development, networking, and release. The successful candidate uses and provides creative solutions to complex technical system and software integration problems using DevOps/Agile process and tools in a team environment. The candidate, as part of a software development team, will work closely with Systems Engineers to design ideal solutions with end user and operational needs in mind. The senior software engineer will work to employ best practice software tools and processes throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Serve as software technical lead and perform architecture, design, code implementation, integration, test and documentation in both legacy and new product areas to include virtual reality, 3D, and 2D systems
- Lead technical evolution to include mentoring other developers in new or unfamiliar and challenging concepts, establishing and reinforcing UE best practices
- Help team leaders establish project plans and schedules, identify resource requirements
- Present work to diverse audiences including technical and nontechnical and demonstrate willingness to assist team and business leads in strategic planning for new capabilities
- 5-10 years knowledge of Unreal Engine character, animation, lighting, and environment pipelines
- 5-10 years experience with programs such as Blender, Maya, and/or 3D Studio Max modeling packages along with Quixel, Zbrush, Substance and Adobe Creative Cloud
- 5-10 years experience using Unreal Blueprints, Particle system, Material system, and Plugin-in development
- VR/AR development experience
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts as they relate to common 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems and product deployment
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions
- Tools / Pipeline development history
- Experience with Perforce, or GIT
- Ability to multitask and self-manage
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work closely in a multi-discipline team on a daily basis
- Ability to acquire Secret Clearance
Desired Skills depending on project and position:
- Experience or familiarity in C, C++ and Python programming languages
- Experience with agile (Scrum, SAFe, eXtreme Programming, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Android Studio, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server, Jira
- Experience with Automated Testing and Automated Test Frameworks (ex: Gauntlet, Cucumber/Gherkin)
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Experience developing software in a team environment
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver's license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Apply on company website