Location: Mahwah, NJ
Hours: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Do what you love. Love what you do!
As a Teacher Assistant at an Apple Montessori School, you have the unique opportunity to cultivate your passion for working with children into a career in Early Childhood Education. Teacher Assistants work closely with their lead teachers to learn to guide your students while they explore their world. Teacher Assistants provide love, support and encouragement as the children try new experiences, make new friends and develop independence.
As a member of our teaching team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all students enjoy a safe, sanitary and enjoyable learning environment.
- Maintaining accurate student records and communicating progress with families.
- Encouraging students' positive self-image and supports individuality, independence, and creative expression.
- Modeling appropriate social behavior and engaging with students.
- Participating in staff development activities, educational trainings and mentorship program.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR / First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain upon hire
- A genuine love of children.
- Physically able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry children
- An understanding of health and safety guidelines.
- Capacity to multi-task and function in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The Health & Safety of our Children and Staff is our top priority and we are working diligently to follow and exceed guidelines set by the CDC and all federal, state, and local health officials. To learn more about how we keep our community safe please visit our health & safety page, link below. https://www.applemontessorischools.com/healthandsafety/
Apply on company website