This is an individual contributor role and a permanent full-time position. The Senior Accountant will assist with core accounting responsibilities including general ledger, month-end close, financial reporting, and process improvement. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare adjusting and month-end journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve variances.
- Record and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepare budget to actual variance reporting.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Maintain procedures to ensure that transactions are executed in accordance with general or specific authorization.
- Recommend process improvement opportunities by identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements around controls.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely records of business transactions.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ yrs. accounting experience with proven results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact/communicate at all levels
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with ability to make judgments on analysis of data based on practice and experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- SAP, BPC, BlackLine
- Lease Accounting experience
- Industrial or manufacturing industry experience, multiple locations
- MBA, CPA/CPA candidate
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website