This position is responsible for assuring the effective integration and efficient operation of the company's sales and marketing functions, thus contributing to achievement of corporate goals and fulfillment of the corporate mission and vision. As a member of the Senior Staff, this position is expected to contribute to corporate-wide strategic and business planning, priority-setting and decision-making, and represent and express the values of the organization.
- Provides leadership for the Sales and Marketing team by defining and clarifying performance expectations and assures management accountability, delegates responsibility, authority and decision-making.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of strategies and tactics.
- Uses data, information, and analytical techniques to set priorities, make business decisions, and measure performance.
- Promotes effective interdepartmental planning, analysis, and functioning.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Mentors and develops management staff.
- Establishes vision, goals, objectives and performance expectations for the Sales and Marketing team that are consistent with, and lead to the achievement of, corporate goals and objectives.
- Assures consistent goals, objectives and performance expectations in each of the functional units within the team.
- Assures that Sales and Marketing operations have adequate human, financial and technological resources to function effectively and efficiently. Analyzes, negotiates and recommends acquisition of appropriate technologies, systems, equipment and vendor services.
- Assures effective daily management and integration of Sales and Marketing functions, i.e., marketing (“sales”), re-certification, application review and processing, enrollment and dis-enrollment processing, membership information processing and reporting, membership database maintenance, member services, and related functions.
- Assures the development, implementation and maintenance of operating policies and procedures within the Sales and Marketing team maximizing productivity, fulfill quality standards, and comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Assures timely preparation of operating and capital budgets for all units of the Sales and Marketing team, and assures optimal use of resources to achieve corporate and market goals.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Staff, sharing responsibility for, and contributing to, policy formulation, strategic direction, priority-setting, decision making, achievement of corporate goals, and overall leadership of the organization.
- Develops and maintains positive, constructive, mutually beneficial relationships that promote the goal of being the “health plan of choice” for providers, consumers and purchasers.
- Represents the company on appropriate local, State and national trade groups, government/industry work-groups and committees, and similar external venues.
General Job Information
TitleSr Dir, Marketing and Membership
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/1/2020
Date Requisition Created6/1/2020
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, time sensitive and results oriented environment.
- Ability to influence individuals, not under your direct control, to perform at peak performance levels.
- 8+ years' healthcare / managed care sales experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Apply on company website