Continuous Improvement Manager, Global Field Operation
ALC-INC- Fort Myers, FL
Leads team and projects to improve efficiency and process utilization by working with Operations to produce, provide and or distribute cost effective quality medical device products and systems. Provide operations expertise to create, document and implement required procedures and documents while driving operational performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, Manage, Lead and execute long term continuous improvement strategy to support field operational plans through value stream analysis and six-sigma initiatives.
- Develop metrics, scorecards, and dashboards to drive accuracy and productivity across all field operational areas. Lead executive review process to meet & sustain project, or division performance levels. Collaborate with domestic & international regions as necessary.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture, skills sets and tools to enhance quality and operational excellence. Lead/support process improvement initiatives by the use of DMAIC methodologies.
- Develop protocols and coordinate validation of equipment and processes. Drive automation to replace the manual process as much as possible.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future operations requirements and potential.
- Identify and resolve business issues impeding achievement of supply chain goals.
- Manage, maintain, share, and publish project management projects utilizing project management software.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, emphasis on Engineering, Business, or Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 5 years of operations process improvement experience preferably in a medical device environment required.
- Proven experience in leading process improvement projects, DMAIC methodologies, kaizen events and department lean assessments.
- Experience in work flow optimization, work measurement, efficiencies.
- Recognized process improvement certification training (Lean, Six Sigma) required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Previous Supervisory experience required.
- Strong change management skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma processes in a distribution environment.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite.
- Experienced user of MiniTab or Tableau software (or other analytical software tool) required.
- Project management knowledge preferred.
- Experience used of Workfront project management preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website