Shipping Associate - Medical Device
Arthrex California Inc
ACI City of Industry, CA
Arthrex is seeking a self-motivatedShipping Associateto join our logistics team. The ideal candidate has a 3 years of experience in shipping and operating a stand-up forklift. Experience working for an ISO certified manufacturing company highly preferred.
Must be able to work Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occassional overtime.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
Main Objective: Responsible for performing shipping and material handling tasks while maintaining quality standards to meet company objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pulls, packages, prepares and processes outbound shipments to outside contractors, vendors, and intercompany locations to meet on-time delivery goals.
- Ensures proper packaging and handling to ensure product arrives in good condition.
- Accurately enters data in various systems and processes customer shipments via UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Old Dominion.
- Operates sit-down and stand-up forklifts safely when moving material throughout the warehouse.
- Loads trucks by operating dock ramp, pallet jack, and forklift in an organized and safe manner for shipping.
- Maintains inventory accuracy by proactively performing inventory and material management best practices and practicing FIFO.
- Properly labels and quarantines product, as needed, per company policy.
- Follows housekeeping procedures which include but are not limited to; keeping personal work station clean and organized; returning tools to proper locations; and organizing storage areas.
- Follows ISO and FDA regulated policies and procedures and attends job-related trainings.
- Follows departmental safety policies and procedures and reports safety issues and concerns immediately.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in shipping required, preferably in manufacturing.
Experience operating a forklift required, preferably a stand-up forklift.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Forklift Certification preferred. Basic computer skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Basic shipping and material handling equipment including sit-down and stand-up forklift.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must bend and frequently lift, and/or move up to 35 lbs, occasionally up to 50 lbs, and up to 70 lbs with two person assist.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website