1. Manage Lab
- Recruit, interview and mentor entry-level leadership staff.
- Cross train employees in multiple workstations -- Scheduling
- Oversee performance of laboratory technical supervisors.
- Assist staff with development of customer service orientation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
2. Assure full compliance with licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Participates and Passes all proficiency testing program.
- Department meets or exceeds federal, state and CAP guidelines
- Update Standard Operating Procedures to reflect current standards.
- Develop and perform internal and interdepartmental audits.
- Participate in the interpretation and response to audit outcomes.
3. Provide administrative support for department leadership.
- Ensure staff familiarity and adherence to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure interdepartmental adherence to department policies and procedure.
- Establish interdepartmental mechanisms to pro-actively improve patient care services.
- Assist with problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Investigate and provide responses to complaints about the Labs services.
- Oversee employee interviews, evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Counsel employees when necessary.
4. Provide technical support for technical staff, medical directors and medical nursing staff
- Oversee quality and appropriateness of department technical functions.
- Ensure detailed, validated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide opportunities for staff to develop advanced technical skills.
- Establish a high technical standard of excellence.
5. Financial and statistical collection and management.
- Oversee collection and calculation of departmental statistics including but not limited to overtime and workload data.
- Maintain operating budget within established guidelines.
- Track and trend revenue accounting for variations from projected values.
- Ensure proper performance of billing procedures by staff.
- Oversee departmental purchase of equipment and supplies.
6. Professional Manner.
- Demonstrate professional relationships with all memberships with all members of the department, including physicians, management team and department faculty.
- Demonstrate ability to tactfully manage and resolve difficult situations.
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying and performing technical and administrative tasks, assigned and unassigned.
- Works efficiently and adapts well to change.
- Develops professionally through continuing education.
- Keeps abreast of technical and administrative trends through professional affiliations.
- Be prepared to accept and champion changes.
- Bachelor's Degree Medical Technology or Lab Science ; Master's degree Desirable
- 6 years in a hospital microbiology laboratory environment as Medical Technologist
- 3 years Supervisory Experience preferred
- MLS(ASCP), MT(ASCP) or MB(ASCP) required
Apply on company website