Atrium Centers is a leading provider of short-term post-acute rehabilitation and long-term nursing care. We currently operate skilled nursing centers in Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
Our reputation is defined by our employees, the caring and skilled staff members who are the foundation of our award-winning communities.
We are committed to treating each individual with respect and dignity in a homelike environment. Our professional and caring staff provides exceptional services tailored to the individual needs of residents and meeting the highest industry standards.
Is responsible and accountable for the overall management of the Nursing Department. Coordinates with other disciplines to provide quality care to all residents. Supports and practices the philosophy, policies, and objectives of the Company. Monitors the outcomes of nursing services activity by coordinating facility committees and using the quality assurance program to implement efficient and effective nursing interventions. Ensures that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. Performs all duties using independent judgment and discretion to implement regulations and policy.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with required state licensure; BSN preferred.
- Must show the ability to communicate effectively and to speak, read, and write in English in a legible and understandable manner.
- At least three (3) years of successful management experience in a long term care environment as evidenced by: average number of federal surveys without sub-standard care or immediate jeopardy in any clinical regulations.
- Has demonstrated successful clearance of follow-up surveys and has kept nursing staff turnover to a minimum.
- Working knowledge of nursing home regulations and the Nurse Practice Act, including MDS procedures and reimbursement guidelines under Medicare and Medicaid and standards of practice relating to the prevention of weight loss, pressure wounds, unnecessary pain, and falls.
- Genuine caring for and interest in the elderly and physically and mentally challenged people; and the ability to relate positively to residents, their families, employees and the community at large.
- Must meet all federal, state and local health regulations and pass a post-employment-offer physical exam. This requirement includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiries.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to be on 24-hour call.
- Must be able to respond to facility emergencies via telephone or in person, depending on the situation.
Apply on company website