WFHN Behavioral Medicine- Eastchester in High Point is seeking a full-time Psychologist (Ph.D./Psy.D./LPA), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) to join their group practice. The applicant must be fully licensed in North Carolina. The position will include providing psychotherapy with children, adolescents and young adults with a preference in working with school-aged children. Some experience in providing family counseling is preferred. Knowledge and experience in psychological testing (behavior rating scales, personality assessments) is a plus.
The clinic has a broad referral base from within the Wake Forest Health Network through various primary care and specialty providers. The office currently consists of 7 full-time clinicians who work in a close, supportive setting and benefit from experienced administrative staff for scheduling, billing and insurance.
The individual will provide psychological assessment and treatment including diagnostics, counseling, psychotherapy, and administration and interpretation of psychological and neuropsychological tests (under the direction and supervision of a licensed psychologist, if needed).
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses, and other health care providers and provide quality care for patients
- Ability to communicate with patients of all ages and significant others appropriate to the level of comprehension
- Knowledge of the patient throughout the entire span of life
- Assesses patient mental health status including state of wellness and compliance with care plan, and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Provides psychological services which may include: counseling, psychotherapy, hypnosis, biofeedback, behavior analysis and therapy, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders, disorders of habit or conduct, as well as of the psychological and neuropsychological aspects of physical illness, accident, injury, or disability; and psychoeducational evaluation, therapy, remediation, and consultation.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests under the direction of a supervising licensed psychologist, if needed.
- Documents patient information and care provided in patient records using computer to access/enter needed data.
- Educates patient and families as appropriate and provides continuity of care.
- Adheres to practice standards and American Psychological Association code of ethics.
- Provides leadership.
- Maintains a current level of clinical practice by selecting appropriate avenues for professional growth and maintains a minimum of 18 hours of continuing education credits every 2 years as required by the NC Psychology Board. At least nine continuing education hours shall be in Category A activities which shall include a minimum of three continuing education hours in the area of ethical and legal issues in the professional practice of psychology. 9. Provides a friendly, safe, timely, quality-driven environment responsive to patients' needs.
- Enhances professional growth and development through professional memberships, in-service meetings, educational programs and conferences, and participates in committees as requested.
- Fosters an environment of mutual respect with special concern for confidentiality and the privacy of others.
- Regular contact with persons under significant emotional stress
- Moderate noise environment
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
- Frequent exposure to bloodborne pathogens and airborne pathogens
- Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
- Occasionally handles emergency or crisis situation
- Must wear required protective equipment (gloves, gowns/lab coats, eye protection, face protection)
Apply on company website