Job SummaryFormulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Manages projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (info planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support). Communicates and manages project scope.
- Coordinates with multiple vendors. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Creates business process for chosen packaged systems. Configures packaged systems.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing and properly evaluated. Responds to request in a timely manner.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects being worked on and develops recommendations for those issues.
- Assists in work plan development and management
- Oversees ongoing provider educational opportunities, facilitate adoption, and use of our Electronic Medical Record applications (Cerner and Epic)
- Produces accurate and complete work while meeting or exceeding department productivity standards for first contact resolution (FCR), wait times, talk times, and call volumes
- Demonstrates exceptional written, verbal, and listening communication skills to enhance customer interactions
- demonstrate strong customer service skills for issues as they relate to clinical systems and workflow questions presented by physicians and clinical staff Participates and leads daily team huddle meetings Supports customer emergency issues and escalates to the appropriate person or group as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to physicians and clinicians on Atrium Health's clinical systems.
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, research, administrative work, and fact-finding to respond to hardware, software, network, and enterprise application issues or requests in the support of clinical users for patient and non-patient care areas.
- Provides cross-training to peers
- Participates and leads daily team huddle meetings
Work is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related job field preferred. Experience in Microsoft Office, databases, Software Development packages, programming languages, SQR, Crystal, Unix and AIX. Experience in an educational background should have Information Systems or Business-Related internships or Part-time employment experiences. Two years work experience with IS Technology preferred. Health care industry experience preferred. Experience with Cerner Millennium, Epic, or other EMR systems required. ITIL processes and HDI certifications a preferred. Knowledge with the ServiceNow application, remote access software, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows OS, Apple macOS, Apple iOS platforms preferred. Experience with clinical workflow processes preferred
Apply on company website