*This job qualifies for a $6,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements! *
JOB DESCRIPTION: Works as a member of the Production Team in the Central Cleanroom under the direction of a pharmacist and in coordination with the other technicians. Activities include compounding and repackaging non-sterile compounded products, intravenous admixture preparation both small and large volume parenteral admixtures, total parenteral nutrition (TPN) solutions using proper aseptic technique and inventory. Delivers medications as needed. Provides support to pharmacists and technicians to ensure that patients receive comprehensive pharmaceutical care in accordance with the applicable state and federal laws. Works cooperatively with others and directs daily workflow to optimize output. Assumes responsibility for inventory maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others. Provides age appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines. Attends periodic area meetings and Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Will be expected to uphold the hospital's five key values, participate in quality and process improvement activities of the Department of Pharmacy.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of a formal technician training program with one year of pharmacy experience or two years' previous pharmacy technician experience preferred.
- Associates degree in a healthcare or business-related field preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) required.
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration as a pharmacy technician required within 30 days of hire.
1. Assists the pharmacist and other technicians in preparing and processing medication orders/prescriptions.
2. Assumes responsibility for inventory maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed.
3. Provides pharmacy service to the patient care areas.
4. Shares responsibility with pharmacists and managers for oversight of activities in the areas.
5. Works cooperatively with others and directs daily workflow to optimize output.
6. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department's commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality.
7. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others.
8. Serves as a mentor for new technicians.
9. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
10. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
11. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
- Must be a courteous, dependable, customer-oriented team player with a good performance record and excellent attendance record.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other professional staff when discussing prescriptions and prescription-related problems.
- Effectively communicate and interact with patients and caregivers in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic math, typing, computer and organization skills.
- Provide information for patients and staff that is delivered in a manner that is supportive, timely and understandable.
- Should be able to work quickly and accurately in a very active environment and make good decisions independently when necessary.
- Must have a positive attitude and be committed to the goals and objectives of the Department.
- Must perform the technical duties required quickly and efficiently and be able to cope with STAT situations.
- Must be cooperative and a good listener.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service.
- Leadership skills and demonstrates that the individual has accepted additional responsibility within the department to support departmental goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all duties of Technician II.
- Subject to many interruptions and fast-paced environment.
- Moderate stress level.
- Possible exposure to potentially hazardous and toxic substances.
- Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, robot, hoods, and oral communication.
- Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases.
- Possible exposure to the risk of bloodborne pathogens and/or airborne pathogens.
- Possible exposure to latex.
- Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents.
- Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs.
Apply on company website