Job SummaryProvides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures under the supervision of leadership. Provides nursing services in all patient care areas of expertise and knowledge.
- Collects data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation to determine diagnosis.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumers and families in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling required. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and finger dexterity required. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate required. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and unit conditions.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina or compact state as appropriate required. 1 year of nursing experience in specialty area is required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website