Atrium seeks a talented, business-oriented paralegal to join its legal team in Alpharetta, Georgia. This position will support the Legal Department attorneys and the Corporate Director of Legal Services in all areas of legal compliance within the organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department handling legal issues in one or more of the following areas: licensing/regulatory compliance, litigation support and contracts. Specifically, this position will be responsible for, among other things, handling all aspects of liquor license compliance for all hotels in the portfolio, and candidates with such experience will be strongly preferred. Experience in litigation support is also preferred.
Responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
• Ensure all business entities within the organization obtain, renew, and maintain required licenses (including liquor licenses), permits, and registrations.
• Track and assist with management of related litigation matters, including coordinating with insurance claims adjusters and outside counsel; fact investigation; responding to subpoenas and discovery requests; and drafting/reviewing pleadings and motions.
• Contract administration, including tracking and maintaining contracts in accordance with the company's Document Management Policy, as well as assisting in-house counsel with drafting and review of a wide variety of contracts including purchasing, sales, marketing, vendor, franchise, and lease agreements.
• Assist corporate finance and accounting departments with tax registration/filing and other related matters as needed.
• Conduct legal research and prepare summaries of research for in-house counsel.
• Advise and consult with hotels in order to facilitate relationships with 3rd parties, including government agencies, customers and guests, brand partners, outside vendors, and other service providers.
• Where applicable, liaise between corporate headquarters, hotels and outside counsel in order to maximize legal value and minimize legal risks.
• General administrative duties in support of legal department.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient in legal research including the use of LexisNexis and/or Westlaw
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume of work and multiple priorities
• College Degree is preferred.
• Paralegal Certification from an ABA approved program or other appropriate paralegal training or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience working as a paralegal in a corporate in-house and/or law firm environment. Some in-house experience is preferred but not required. Experience working with organizations with multi-state operations is required.
• Hospitality or food services industry experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website