“Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. It reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit; the spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything we do.
Data is the new oil and according to research companies 60-85% of analytics programs fail – The purpose of the Data & Analytics team at Audi of America is to defeat these odds and nurture the maximum potential of data through the vibrant life veins of our organization. Are you ready to be part of the brand new Data and Analytics team within Audi of America, fundamental to shaping the future of Audi together with the larger digital team?
The vision of the team is to empower customer centricity and sustainable operational excellence through management of data and processes. The objective is to enable the enterprise to harness the value of data through Reporting & Visualization, Advanced Analytics incl. Machine Learning and AI. Data based decision making, operational excellence through automation of reporting and processes and analytics as a self-service are the core pillars of this mission.
Be part of a core team that thrives at the intersection of business and IT, a team of data experts that works together with peers across the entire Audi enterprise including every line of business in the so called Data Science Community, and acts as the catalyst of progress unleashing the promises and value of data, technology and innovation.
- The Operations 360 SME is part of the Data & Analytics team at Audi of America. In this role, the Operations 360 SME works closely together with all departments to identify their reporting needs, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), program and partnership structure.
- Be the liaison and central point to unify, standardize and maintain all operations related data across AoA by identifying the Operations 360 view across all enterprise dimensions including Sales Operations (new & used vehicle sales & ordering), logistics, marketing, customer insights incl. loyalty, financials, After Sales (Parts & Accessories & Service), Product Warranty & Quality and Audi Financial Services (Captive: Lease & finance).
- Act as an enabler and service provider to consuming parties on the receiving business side by creating and maintaining a operations data master & roadmap, establish data literacy and rules for use of operations data, work with data source providers such as external program providers, internal & dealers systems to obtain operations data inputs, manage data onboarding with IT delivery teams, legal and compliance and prepare data for general consumption for internal teams and external partners.
Main responsibility – 60% of time
- Create, maintain and own operations 360 view at Audi of America
- Gain extensive knowledge about Audi corporate and dealer network operations and data of related programs including: new & used vehicle sales including incentives & market share, After Sales – Service & Parts, eCommerce incl. leads, Customer Insight including customer satisfaction, survey results & loyalty, network incl. dealer financial statements, dealer employee training, certification & turn-over, vehicle lease & finance and maturity management
- Establish relations with key operations data stakeholders across the organization with focus on following teams: sales operations (new & used, vehicle ordering and distribution), dealer network operations team, After Sales (Service & Parts), Customer Insights
- Lead and maintain Dealer Scorecard, a dealer operations 360 web based application, including creation and prioritization of feature and enhancement roadmap together with dedicated product SCRUM team
- Create and lead core user group to gain feedback on customer experience, needs and improvements
- Establish and maintain usage tracking, training and onboarding of new users onto Scorecard
- Support annual refresh cycles incl. changing of TOP KPIs, application modules and features to keep application relevant
- Respond to daily ad-hoc requests from data science community members and nonmembers seeking information about various aspects of the business concerning AoA business operations
- Identify product data related use cases and data needs across the organization (define source and users)
- Prioritize roadmap incl. collection and onboarding of data into centralized data repository based as strategic enabler for organization by working with central IT delivery team
- Formalize & ensure availability, quality and usability of operations data
- Support and enable users, departments, and use cases dependent on operations data
- Act as operations 360 expert by learning and knowing all aspects of the operations master
- Drive data literacy and understanding of relevance and context of operations data across stakeholders and members of the Data Science Community
- Work with external partners and affiliates to establish standardized agreements and processes for operations data exchange
- Represent interest and value of operations data through project and budget approval processes
- Lead and participate: in operations data related workshops and initiatives to provide knowledge and background to support decision making and represent interest of AoA with regards to importance and completion of operations 360 view
- Endorse data strategy with focus on completion and maturing of AoA's Operations 360 view
- Research, collect and inform practices and innovations for product data management
- Support and accelerate use of operations data across enterprise to create value by providing accurate operations data at right place (user / application) and time (speed)
- Learn, comprehend, inform guidance and endorse use of operations data across enterprise
- Create technical documentation supporting sharing of understanding and flow of operations data
- Use available tools to register data assets, define metadata and additional relevant information about the data
- Work with data quality SME to ensure interpretation and quality of data
- Train stakeholders and members of the data science community about the proper use and interpretation of operations data
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure protection and governance of operations data
- Perform data analysis, data modelling and statistical analysis using operations data
Additional responsibilities – 40% of time
- Create and share data visualization regarding operations data
- Support analysis of operations data in context of use cases and business operations e.g. dealer operations performance improvement, incentive, marketing & warranty spend optimization
- Work with enabling IT support teams to define requirements based on use cases for architecture & design of data onboarding and storage of operations data
- Support quick ideation, trial & error of product data related use cases and applications
- Keep organization incl. management informed and aware of value, potential and importance of operations data
- Actively involve and leverage other team members of the Data & Analytics team to assist with deliverables and responsibilities
- Work with Budget management and planning as part of overall Data & Analytics team responsibilities
7-9 years of related experience
B.S. continued learning via e.g. MOOCs
B.S. Business Analytics, Computer Science, Business Administrations or degree in a discipline that fosters structured problem solving and creativity (desired)
Passion for collaboration, innovation and change
Committed to fulfill agreed upon deliverables
Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work products at the same time
Continuous learning mindset
Curiosity and open mindedness
Time management (urgency vs. importance) and ability to prioritize
Analytical and conceptual thinking
Integration – joining people, processes or systems
Keen focus on detail and accuracy
Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skill
SCRUM product ownership or Agile methodology
Identify and evaluate requirements
Define & implement roadmaps
Prioritize deliverables within roadmap
Understand business programs & initiatives and underlying data processes
Self-initiator seek and absorb information
Work with cross-functional teams
Work with international teams and experts
Specialized SkillsGood understanding of databases and querying language
Data modelling, data analysis, statistical analysis, data modeling
Data standardization, reporting & visualization
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with and acute attention to detail and accuracy
The ability to analyze existing complex systems and understand and document data elements, their attributes, relationships, data flows, dependencies and related interfaces with the goal of developing technical strategies to drive BI processes and reporting
Effectively able to manage multiple tasks with the ability to prioritize and meet timelines
Ability to present data and solutions to multiple stakeholders
People leadership/Project Management
Understanding of automotive business
Extensive knowledge certification in following technologies: SCRUM Product owner, SQL, python, tableau, confluence, Jira, experience of working in a national sales company a plus, understanding of business operations of automotive dealership, dealer performance coaching / process analysis and improvement (desired).
Onsite: onsite preferred as standard
Home office: home office based on agreed upon schedule possible (e.g. 1 day per week)
Travel: 15% domestic travel.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website