“Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. And it reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit. The spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything that we do. We are proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™.
The Senior Manager, Order Management and Distribution, is responsible for the monthly allocation and ordering process, weekly production filling and all supply chain related activities. This position is responsible for producing the allocated volume in the right mix at the right time, ensuring that sufficient vehicle inventory is at the right dealerships.
This critical role is now also managing the regional vehicle ordering process in close coordination with AoA Product Management and Pricing as well as AoA Retail Incentives. Ordering the right cars will help dealers to turn inventory faster at lower incentive levels and optimize cash flow.
Overall, this manager is responsible for end-to-end, allocation, ordering, production, distribution and logistics excellence for all new Audi vehicles.
Lead Monthly Order to Delivery Process – 70% of time spent:
• Ensure that all supply chain related initiatives are well executed and aligned with the overall strategy of Audi of America
• Lead the teams through change initiatives, which are needed for Audi of America's long-term success, based on internal and external factors
• Build and develop the teams and also supervise, that resources and budgets are properly allocated and utilized
• Align vehicle allocation with sales history and future sales plans
• Supervise monthly allocation calculation and publishing
• Ensure that all key stakeholders have a clear understanding of the allocation process
• Lead Vehicle Allocation and Ordering Team in optimizing all vehicle builds to increase inventory and sales rate at lower incentive levels
• Manage promotional builds (i.e. special editions for sales events or run out) with Product Management, Regional Management, Launch and Website teams
• Coordinate with all factories to ensure sufficient supply among all carlines in the appropriate mix
• Supervise ideal production scheduling and lead distribution manager to ensure the right cars are produced and delivered for the regions/dealers who need them the most
• Conduct supply chain studies with VWGoA logistics team to optimize distribution network (includes ports, rail and trucking)
International Supply Chain – 10% of time
• As a key interface with AUDI AG (Global Headquarters) and Volkswagen Group Logistics, this manager works closely with the North American Sales Region at global headquarters to ensure the U.S. specific supply chain is continuously optimized.
Process Improvements – 10% of time
• Drive improvements to all supply chain system and processes
• Closely coordinate feedback from dealers and regions with Ordering and Distribution teams
• Work closely with Product Management Leadership to optimize current and future offer structure
Supply Chain Excellence – 10% of time
• Drive improvements to all distribution system and processes
• Lead, manage and coordinate "Supply Chain Excellence" with support of VWGoA Logistics
• Monitor KPI performance against SLA and continuously
Report out results vs. plan to Audi MTM
• 10+ years automotive experience, preferably also retail experience
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software (Excel, PowerPoint and Business Objects)
• Good knowledge of portfolio of domestic & import model ranges
• Great understanding of automotive business processes (corporate, field organization and retail)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate with all management levels locally and internationally
• Develop efficient and effective processes for operations and field groups
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Integration – joining people, processes and systems
• Problem solving
• Resource management
• Technology and process – ability to leverage and improve tools and resources
• 10+ years of experience in the automotive industry with a focus on the retail incentives
• Understanding of automotive industry sales and finance instruments (brand, captive finance arm, dealership)
• Strong budget & forecast management
• Analytical expertise, including cost-benefit analysis
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Negotiation tactics and Relationship building
• Demonstrated automotive supply chain experience
• Proven success KPI improvement
• Understanding of vehicle supply chain
• Detailed product knowledge (Audi and competitive OEMs)
• Expert in automotive retail processes
• Analytical expertise, including cost-benefit analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in business, automotive, or related field preferred.
• Captive finance or logistics experience (at least in liaison role)
• International working experience & understanding of cultural differences
• Strong Audi and Industry product knowledge
• Track record in similar capacity at OEM
• German language skills
• Automotive field and retail experience
• Up to 20% travel.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website