The primary responsibility of this position is to perform ICD-9 and ICD-10 Diagnosis and CPT procedural charging and coding, as applicable, for all of Aultman's Outpatient Services that are currently coded by the department. Such accounts include, but are not limited to the following:
Emergency Room, Wound Care, Ambulatory Surgery, Therapies, Pain Management, Diagnostic Procedures and Other Ancillary Accounts
Candidate may also be expected to assist in performing other administrative task as assigned as well as assisting other areas of the Revenue Cycle or Clinical divisions as necessary.
- Proficiently code all assigned outpatient records and display a desire to learn.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of coding, compliance, governing bodies, and reimbursement policies according to the coding related job field.
- Meet/Exceed established productivity expectations
- Meet/Exceed established quality expectations
- Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Maintain attendance according to departmental standards
- Meet/Exceed internal CEU hourly requirements
- Complete safety evaluation, JCAHO education, TB testing, Confidentiality, Information system usage, HIPAA corporate compliance education on an annual basis.
- Exhibit excepted level of team work and respect
- Work outside department silo as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Qualifications/Skill Sets
- Coding Experience in a Physician office or Outpatient hospital setting
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC preferred with additional certifications helpful
- Knowledge of accounts receivable goals and impacts.
- Ability to establish and organize daily work flow.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft office, encoder and other hospital software applications
- Ability to manage multiple demands from a variety of constituents
- Effective communicator
Apply on company website