BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain a safe, clean and infection- controlled environment in all areas. Employees are required to perform all assigned duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with established procedures. They are to assist and rotate in all work areas and maintain an efficient workflow. Employees must be flexible with their work assignments and be proficient both bed management and IVR systems.
Employee will also assist with currier duties as assigned.
Employee may also be expected to assist in performing other administrative task as assigned as well as assisting other areas of the Revenue Cycle Division or Clinical Services Division as deemed necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains a safe working environment; reports unsafe working conditions and/or maintenance concerns to Environmental Services Lead, Coordinator or Director.
- Uses appropriate cleaning products and techniques for the work being done.
- Completes area assignments in a timely manner.
- Cleans units, discharge and occupied, according to procedure.
- Makes unoccupied beds according to procedure.
- Spot washes walls, spot cleans carpet, high dusts areas according to policy/procedure.
- Stocks toilet tissue, towels, and hand soap where needed in areas of assignment.
- Performs wet mopping techniques, according to established procedures.
- Uses wet floor signs appropriately and removes them in a timely manner.
- Correctly operates and maintains vacuum cleaners.
- Keeps cleaning carts clean, stocked, and ready to use.
- Keeps tools/equipment ready for use. Returns them to their proper location after use.
- Performs additional area assignments and/or assists co-workers as needed.
- Reports work activity on Daily Reports.
- Currier/deliveries as assigned
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Valid driver's license with less than 4 points
- Institutional cleaning experience
- Excellent customer service skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- Varied locations and hours as required by the job
- Works every other weekend
- Works 3 scheduled holidays
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
- See physical demands addendum
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
- Category II
Apply on company website