PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Looking for someone who is motivated and passionate to help develop Aultman's Lactation program. The primary purposes of this position is to be responsible for providing lactation management services to expectant and new parents in the Birth Center. These functions are performed in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Graduate of State Board approved School of Nursing
- Previous experience in maternal-child health nursing (LDRP or NICU) and lactation consulting
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio
- Educational and experiential qualifications with consideration of the following:
- Education- BSN required
- Certificated in Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Demonstrates ability to lead, organize, manage, and develop lactation programs and classes
- Membership preferred in professional nursing organization
Looking for someone who can proactively and positively deal with continual change. Must have the ability to track record of creating, communicating and implementing plans and projects in ways that increase team productivity and goal accomplishment
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work hours will be varied with days and afternoons
- Plans, teaches, and evaluates classes for expectant and new breastfeeding mothers in the Birth Center.
- Creates a milieu that promotes learning for staff and patients,
- Conducts bedside lactation rounds daily.
- Consults with mother having breastfeeding problems both in person and on the phone.
- Participates appropriately in communication and decision-making activities of the Lactation Center and maternity services.
- Selects appropriate breastfeeding related supplies for retail sale and rental.
- Works collaboratively with medical suppliers for breast pump rentals and retail sales.
- Plans, teaches and conducts in-service education for Birth Center staff.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Conducts quality assurance programs to monitor the caliber of the program.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions
of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website