PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose is to provide outpatient clinical support to the Licensed Provider (LP), provide patient and family education, and work cooperatively with the health care team and maintain standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive phone calls and messages and return calls to patients and/or family in a timely manner.
- Triage patients and review with LP as necessary any acute & post op patient issues with LP and schedule acute visits as necessary
- Check LP's schedules frequently for any add-ons or updates.
- Review the patient's medical record prior to visit to verify completeness, including having test results available.
- Room patients in a timely fashion; verify patient identity and compare with chart. Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and current accurate list of medications and pertinent information needed for the LP to assess the patient.
- Prepare and administer IM and SQ medications as ordered by LP.
- Perform and assist with specimen collection, point of care testing, and venipuncture with a valid LP order.
- Assist with set up of office procedures, including both clean and sterile techniques.
- Perform or assist office procedures according to training and scope of practice.
- May receive verbal and telephone orders from LP.
- Propose prescription refills for approval by LP.
- Accurately arrange for various hospital surgeries, procedures, and tests to be scheduled. This includes precertification, authorizations, physician orders, communicating with the patient, and adding to the LP's schedule if indicated.
- Schedule urgent and non-urgent appointments.
- Accurately completes medical forms and correctly completes and routes billing information to appropriate staff. (Example disability forms etc.)
- Copy and release medical records according to policy.
- Document in the medical record accurately and timely.
- Educate patient/family for ordered testing and medications as indicated.
- Notify LP promptly of abnormal lab results, testing results or critical results and review results and orders, as necessary.
- Restock and clean exam rooms after use.
- Maintain confidentiality of information obtained while performing duties.
- Accurately scribe for providers as directed.
- Perform instrument processing/sterilization as indicated.
- Work with CS as needed regarding sterilization and equipment issues.
- Graduate of an approved nursing school of nursing.
- Current LPN license
- Must have current up-to-date CPR training.
- Must adhere to office policy of yearly TB testing, OSHA and HIPAA training.
- Evidence of good health as evidence of infrequent absenteeism.
- Ability to meet and interact with the public in a mature, courteous and professional manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under conditions of high stress.
- Must be able to work as a team and independently.
- Positive, friendly, and compassionate.
- Must poses the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normally works 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday.
- May require paid overtime before or after normal working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions during performance of duties.
- Expected to adhere to office policy and procedures.
- Subject to blood and body fluid exposure.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website