PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is to provide clinical support of patient care, provide patient and family teaching and work cooperatively under the direction of the Immediate Care physician in maintaining standards of care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Perform clerical duties as assigned, register patients.
- Provide prompt customer service.
- Adhere to infection control policy/procedures.
- Obtain vital signs, height, weight, current accurate medication list, and all pertinent information needed for the physician to assess the patient.
- Perform phlebotomy according to policy.
- Administers oral, IM, SQ medications as directed by the physician.
- Apply dressings and perform other treatments under the direction of the physician.
- Assists physician with patient exams and procedures.
- Collects and labels specimens correctly according to policy
- Prioritizes daily tasks.
- Exhibits flexibility with willingness to work any schedule as indicated.
- Performs quality controls daily, if applicable.
- Provides appropriate documentation in patient's chart.
- Reinforces/facilitates education.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately of abnormal test results.
- Completes annual required competency and education.
- Performs any other duties as assigned under the direction of the physician.
- Seeks supervisory guidance/approval as appropriate.
- Portrays professional image: follows dress code; communicates with internal and external customers in a professional manner, including appropriate verbal and written grammar.
- Performs all job functions in an independent manner (as needed or directed)
- Recognizes and performs job functions with little or no supervision
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Education: High School graduate or higher level of education.
- Diploma from approved program of practical nursing.
- Current licensure to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Must have current BLS.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic nursing care, knowledge, and skills.
- IV certified/ obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and utilize computer systems.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
- Function independently, have flexibility, and ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrates professional conduct in the clinical setting.
- Normally works eight-hour days, rotates shifts, and assist to meet the patient's needs.
- Lunch and break periods must be coordinated with other staff members to maintain adequate office staffing during departmental operating hours.
- Sitting/standing/moving about intermittently during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Physical requirements may be but not limited to standing, walking, bending, and lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Will work under the direction of the Physician
- Computer use on a daily basis.
- Expected to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Expected to fulfill position description requirements.
- Works with highly confidential data and situations; maintain HIPPA.
- Hazardous Exposure Category: 1
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Category I – tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website