BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to perform routine and complex laboratory procedures on specimens following hospital and laboratory policies and procedures to ensure blood/blood products are safely administered to the patient.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Perform testing and quality control using approved laboratory procedures and instrumentation.
- Exercise professional judgment in order to recognize, prioritize and facilitate varying test requests and workload in an efficient manner.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform instrument/equipment maintenance according to department guidelines and manufacturer's specifications.
- Mentor students by providing a positive experiential learning environment.
- Assist Technical Specialist with duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree, including twelve-month training in an approved program for Medical Laboratory Science, with certification as a Clinical Lab Scientist by an approved certifying agency or an Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Science with certification as a Medical Lab Technician by an approved certifying agency. Prior experience is preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Any shift, every other or every third weekend, rotating holidays. On call rotating.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the shift.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Apply on company website