BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to perform routine and complex laboratory procedures on specimens following hospital and laboratory policies and procedures to ensure blood/blood products are safely administered to the patient.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Perform testing and quality control using approved laboratory procedures and instrumentation.
- Exercise professional judgment in order to recognize, prioritize and facilitate varying test requests and workload in an efficient manner.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform instrument/equipment maintenance according to department guidelines and manufacturer's specifications.
- Mentor students by providing a positive experiential learning environment.
- Assist Technical Specialist with duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree, including twelve-month training in an approved program for Medical Laboratory Science, with certification as a Clinical Lab Scientist by an approved certifying agency or an Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Science with certification as a Medical Lab Technician by an approved certifying agency. Prior experience is preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Any shift, every other or every third weekend, rotating holidays.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the shift.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website