- PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Nurse Aide is to assist in providing patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent, minimum of 18 years of age.
- STNA Certified
- Displays an attitude of interest and respect for people.
- Understands and adheres to policies and regulations.
- Ability to handle the public tactfully.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES: See criteria based performance evaluation.
- Assists in admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Provides morning care, which includes bath, bed linen change, oral hygiene, back rubs, combing hair, ambulation and straightening the room.
- Provides evening care, which includes straightening bed linen, back rubs, and straightening room.
- Prepares patients for meals.
- Answers call lights
- Distributes drinking water and nourishments to patients.
- Provides safe environment for patient.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height, weight, intake and output measurements.
- Performs routine treatments (ex. Enemas).
- Provides general nursing care such as turning, positioning, and lifting patients, applying and removal of binders, supports, anti-embolism stockings.
- Assists Staff Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse as needed.
- Makes patient rounds on unit to anticipate patient needs.
- Transports patients, equipment, and specimens to other departments as required.
- Reports any changes observed in patient condition.
- Attends in-service education programs.
- Practices careful efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website