BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Security Officers work to provide a safe and secure environment for occupants of Aultman facilities and grounds. Security Officers are expected to proactively patrol and monitor Aultman facilities and grounds for the purposes of detecting, deterring, and preventing criminal activity, as well as identifying and mitigating safety concerns as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prompt and regular attendance at assigned facility/area of assignment.
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, push, climb, stoop, bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, crawl, and reach
- Ability to interact with patients, employees, and other occupants in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to receive, understand, and implement direction from supervision and management.
- Ability to use a personal computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and other professional documents.
- Ability to safety operate motor vehicles for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively patrol Aultman properties and grounds
- Ability to detect, deter, and prevent criminal activity
- Ability to identify and mitigate safety concerns and hazards as appropriate
- Ability to effectively function within the framework of department and organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively implement key security programs (i.e. escorts to and from vehicles, patient safety watch, seclusion, security investigations, vehicle assistance, interior/exterior patrol, emergency response and associated functions, etc.)
- Ability to work in highly dynamic and evolving environments (i.e. Emergency Department, Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Intensive Care Unit's etc.), as well as varying environmental conditions (i.e. inside/outside, heat/cold, etc.)
- Ability to monitor and enforce department and organization rules and regulations (i.e. access control restrictions, parking areas, etc.)
- Ability to conduct traffic control operations as appropriate
- Ability to successfully complete ongoing department and organizational competency requirements (i.e. self-defense, crisis prevention and intervention training, TASER certification, CPR/First Aid, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Security or designee
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with less than 4 points
- Graduate of Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy or equivalent preferred
- Prior or current military, law enforcement, or security experience preferred
- Associates Degree (or greater) in criminal justice, emergency management, or another related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to handle a wide variety of circumstances and conditions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- Varied locations and hours as required by the job (generally scheduled for 8-hour shifts). Will be scheduled every other weekend at a minimum.
- May be assigned to work on-call
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
- See attached physical demands addendum
- Must be able to wear ballistic vest with plates
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
- Category II
Apply on company website