PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide clinical leadership and direction of patient care, provide patient and family teaching, and work cooperatively within the interdisciplinary health care team in maintaining standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
1. Graduate of state board approved School of Nursing.
2. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio
3. Experience in a cardiac or critical care environment preferred.
4. Educational and experiential qualifications with consideration of the following:
A. Education- BSN preferred
B. Certification preferred for those meeting ANCC eligibility requirements
C. Membership preferred in professional nursing organization
D. Academic and experiential requirement as required by applicable federal, state and local law
5. Proactively deal with constant change
6. Prepared for an evolving healthcare environment that includes advanced technologies
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See criteria based performance evaluation based off the ANA Scope and Standards of the Practice of Nursing, 2004 edition.)
1. Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation
2. Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issue
3. Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation
4. Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
5. Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment
6. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes
7. Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
8. Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
9. Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
10. Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
11. Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
12. Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
13. Integrates research findings into practice
14. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
15. Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions
of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be inherent in the position.
Apply on company website