BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to approach all patients in a friendly, respectful manner and perform venipuncture to collect specimens for testing as ordered by the patient's physician according to established policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Approach patients in a positive, professional and respectful manner
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all Aultman team members
- Good attendance record and ready to start work at scheduled time
- Verify correct patient identification and label specimens following established procedures
- Perform phlebotomy on patients of all age groups according to established procedures
- Maintain a stocked, clean work environment
- Follow all departmental and organizational safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment
- Complete and /or assist with tasks during downtime without being assigned
- Assist coworkers as needed to maintain a pleasant, friendly work environment
- Assist with training students and new personnel
- Complete educational requirements and competency assessments as assigned
- Prior phlebotomy experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the shift.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
C Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Exposure to Blood and Body Fluids
Apply on company website