We are hiring for a new world!
We are focused on bringing the power of technology to create new experiences in the fields of smart homes, smart enterprise, and smart venues. Be a part of a talented team and embark on an exciting journey.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is exploding with growth and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
Position Summary: Warehouse Associate
AVDG is looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our fast-growing dynamic team and will be responsible for activities in the warehouse including receiving, processing, and documenting in the system new inventory or supplies, and the overall organization of inventory in the warehouse and keeping the area clean and maintained. You will help assist with the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of installation and service materials.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and solid materials management/inventory background.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for activities involved with receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Engage in warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Participates in physical inventories for verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Assists in the maintenance of manual and electronic documents, files, and records (e.g. purchase orders, goods receipts, electronic delivery logs, supplies needed by the department, claim forms, inventory, warehouse reports, bid list, material evaluation documents, goods receipts, goods issue, fixed asset, purchases, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Operates warehouse equipment (e.g. hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklift, a delivery truck with equipment trailer, etc.) for moving large and heavy items safely and efficiently.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity, and quality of orders are correct.
- Researches discrepancies on orders and/or invoices (e.g. overages, shortages, duplicate deliveries, etc.) for the purpose of correcting errors and/or returning damaged/incorrect items to vendors.
- Occasional on-site deliveries for time-sensitive materials.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work safely in an office/warehouse environment
- Frequently required to walk, use hands to handle product
- Reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl, and talk; hear
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2-3 years of Warehouse experience required
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with no excessive amount of moving violations
- Audio/Visual industry experience or related industry is a big plus but not mandatory
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience highly preferred, Q360 experience a major plus
- Inventory experience, ability to count accurately, and be detail-oriented required
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and work well independently
- Previous experience operating a forklift -- or forklift certified a plus
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio-visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide. AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
AVDG joined the Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017. Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity, and fulfilling our mission with passion. If you love music and want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians, then we have a position where you can find your sound.
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity, and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website