Recover Health is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of companies
The Independent Living Services (ILS) Professional / Independent Housing Support (IHS) Professional is an individual who works with clients dealing with Mental Illnesses and Physical Disabilities in a community support role. The Independent Living Services (ILS) Professional will train and assist clients in Independent Services so they can remain successfully in their homes and community. The ILS Professional works directly with clients, their communities, RN case managers and co-workers taking into account the areas of services, designated hours and support. The ILS Professional implements, trains and manages all programs for assigned independent living service clients.
Locations: St. Paul and surrounding suburbs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate the home situation to determine what health teaching will be required, what assistance from family will be provided, and to determine if other services are needed
- Practice a client centered approach.
- Complete Case Chronologies (weekly) and change of information forms
- Initial development of Individual Program Plan
- Periodic individual program support reviews
- Adult protection reports and discharge paperwork as assigned
- Train through in-servicing, role modeling and staff meetings in the area of program services including: ILS goal areas, behavioral plans or approaches, documentation and client approach/rapport
- Coach and work with the clients on emergency situations, completing all necessary paperwork and working with the clients to live in their homes as independently as possible
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+ hours
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- A two-year degree in a related human services field is preferred
- Two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older preferred
- Strong assessment and organizational skills
- Ability to Multi-task and work under time constraints
- Proactive approach to case management, demonstrating leadership skills at all times with the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to provide working relationships with clients, outside vendors, family members and all team members involved
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website