SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Food & Nutrition Services Clerk/Cashier
PRN, Shifts Vary, 0.001 FTE
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!Job Description:
The Food and Nutritional Clerk under the direction of the FANS Management Team ensures all cashiering, clerical, and administrative support functions are completed timely and accurately. The position processes diet order, menus, and patient requests that are submitted. The FANS Clerk also responsible for a variety of employee related functions as a cashier, server, and short order cook. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
Clerical / Administrative Responsibilities:
- Prepares and corrects patient menus based on therapeutic diet and basic nutritional information.
- Tallies special food items per department procedure.
- Maintains records such as meal count sheet, patient Kardex and VIP list.
- Keep accurate telephone logs and messages.
- Ensures menus are on tray line in a timely manner.
- Processes diet changes in an organized manner so that meal service is efficient.
- Operates cash register, including collecting money, giving change, receipts and balancing for each meal.
- Prepares daily items for cafeteria, (i.e., tuna fish salad, assorted salad entrees, sandwiches).
- Handles money, when acting as cashier, according to Hospital's Policies and Procedures.
- Fills out cash report completely and accurately after each meal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, stocks, fills the following equipment prior to meal service as needed.
- Promptly reports food shortages or potential food shortages to supervisor.
- Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, storage areas, and
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of experience in healthcare food and nutrition services preferred.
- Clerical experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
- The position is primarily light work in nature. The maximum amount of lifting is 25 lbs. The position requires constant walking, standing, and pushing and pulling of patient tray carts. Must meet the hospital's established health requirements. Requires the ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website